Thursday, May 13, 2010

Progress Report 2

Progress report
This is my second report of my project. So far I think I have been doing pretty well with the no eating as much meat. In school is not much of a challenge to not eat meat since I already don’t like the food here; however I’m finding hard to get a good nutrition because I just end up eating cereal or a quesadilla. Then when I go home, that is the big challenge. Last weekend my best friend invited me to a birthday party and they were serving tacos!! And I had previously taste them (in other parties) and they are delicious!! So I just had to eat some, or a lot. Anyways, the good thing is that I had not eaten meat that much so is not like I really did follow my rules. By the way if you don’t remember, my project is to eat meat ONLY two days a week.
Another, thing that I love about my project is that I get to eat all of these other foods that can be made without meat and are still Mexican  and it makes me feel very good about myself. In addition, last weekend (mother's day weekend) I went shopping with my mom and my project was a big influence on the things we bought. My mom is a really open minded person that respects my decisions and tries to help me out, thus she is not buying as much meat as she usually does, and she’ll try to eat like me.
Definitely this project has helped me feel good about myself, and I will be helping to save some animals. Furthermore, after have done this project it seems like my body is just automatically rejecting meat, my stomach gets upset and I can’t take the taste of meat out of my mouth. Another thing that it has help me do, is lose some weight, plus I obtained more energy, which helped me because I can get more things done and I’m not as tired or desire to sleep as much.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I think it's really cool that your mom is so supportive of you. My mom is the same way. That's really interesting too that it's getting hard on your body to eat meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete